Skip to main content

Wikipedia Trail : Confidence

 

Wikipedia Trail: Confidence 


https://www.inc.com/laura-garnett/want-to-be-more-confident-focus-on-this-one-thing.html



So for this Wikipedia Trail, I have decided I wanted to do it on the topic of "Confidence" from one of the Extra Credit tasks I was doing recently on the subject of Growth Mindset. 


So for the first article, I have read was Confidence and I chose this article because it dives deep into the basics of confidence, the concept of confidence, the history and also talks about when is confidence used. 


The second Wikipedia article I have read was The Law of Attraction, I chose this article because it ties in amazingly with confidence and what it is, is that if you speak a certain thing out into the world you will reap what you sow. So if you speak positively and do positive affirmations then you will experience positive things coming your way and if you think nothing is going your way and you think negatively then negative things will come your way. That is the Law of Attraction in a short few sentences.


The third Wikipedia article I have read was Narcissism and this is kind of the opposite side/negative approach to confidence. And this is when someone only cares about their self-image, they are self-absorbed, care about their appearance more than other people and puts themselves above others.


And the fourth and last Wikipedia article I have read was Low Self Esteem and this is when someone is feeling not too confident in their abilities, they might be going through a rough patch, they might not like what they look like because of a slight scar somewhere around their body, they might be getting bullied in school, they could have mental health issues, weight problems, etc.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Success

  Introduction to myself :)  This is me Nasim Slavotic :) Hello! My name is Nasim Slavotic, I am 20 years old and I am now a 2nd-year student in TUDublin Blanchardstown doing Creative Digital Media. I am from Dublin and I work part-time in my dad's butcher shop here in Blanchardstown in Coolmine near the post office.  What are my hobbies?  In my free time, I like to go to the gym. Also, I like to go out and take pictures with my camera and make videos on my Youtube channel (NaSiM101) which I took a break from for a while from the pandemic but I do love to brainstorm new ideas for videos and discover new trending things. I also love going out with my friends but now I am starting to go back out again since the pandemic had closed everything before but now everything is coming back to normal slowly but surely. When I'm bored I like to head on Photoshop and Illustrator and just make whatever comes in my mind.  https://pxhere.com/en/photo/1621191 Favourite Foods...

Alpha

  Alpha  This is my progress, I have updated the HUD and I added a few more features in the environment What is going good? So far so good, the game is coming along well. There are a few scripts I put in such as collecting coins, player movement, environment design, generating random levels and level boundaries.  The Technical Difficulties  But there are a few technical difficulties I am going through which is every time I try to put a rigid body component into my player when I added the jump feature into my player controller script, the player for some reason falls through the map and I tried many times trying to fix the issue but I will try my very hardest to fix it. I also need to add in collision detection with the obstacles and when the player does collide with one of the obstacles it will say game over and you have to restart again. Those are some of the difficulties I am facing, I will try and reach my lecturer or one of my peers in class to see if they know t...

Game Vision Statement

  My Game Vision Statement  https://www.projectmanager.com/blog/guide-writing-perfect-vision-statement-examples Introduction:  In last week's blog, we further researched one game idea that we really like for this semester. And the game idea that I picked will be the Endless Runner Game idea. The name for this game will be called "Forest Rushers: On the Run".  Jungle Rushers: On the Run is a 3D Endless Running game that uses the Unity 3D engine to immerse players into a world where they are in a giant jungle. The player controls an adventurer who is trying to run away as far as possible avoiding many forms of obstacles such as brick walls, tree branches and pointy wooden spikes on the ground. The key is to collect as many coins as possible before you meet a certain faith. Game Genre:  The game genre that I chose is going to be an Action-based 3D Endless Runner.  The target audience for this game is casual gamers, people who are aged 10-20 years old.  Th...