Skip to main content

Unity Tutorial 08

 

Unity Tutorial 08


This is the finished product of the Ball Sumo platform game I made from Unity Tutorials


I found this tutorial quite fun to do, it was basically an arcade-style sumo game where you need you are ball and control the camera angle moving it left and right and if you move it either position that's where the ball will go. and the up and down key to making the ball go up or down.  The aim of this game was to eliminate the other ball(s) trying to eliminate you from the platform. 


The thing that I enjoyed making this game was being able to generate more balls/enemies into the platform when one enemy was eliminated a furthermore will appear to try to eliminate you. And the game progressively harder with more enemies that joined in. I also loved being able to add a powerup feature because this is something I might add into my game to maybe make my character have a certain powerup like having an extra life or prolonged health.  


I had finished it and I made it look like the end product


I also did the soccer scripting challenge, in which I had to fix the game to make it work. I had to make the enemies (balls) come towards the net, power-ups to give the player a temporary boost for 5 seconds, and I made it when there is a new wave every single time with more than 1 enemy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Success

  Introduction to myself :)  This is me Nasim Slavotic :) Hello! My name is Nasim Slavotic, I am 20 years old and I am now a 2nd-year student in TUDublin Blanchardstown doing Creative Digital Media. I am from Dublin and I work part-time in my dad's butcher shop here in Blanchardstown in Coolmine near the post office.  What are my hobbies?  In my free time, I like to go to the gym. Also, I like to go out and take pictures with my camera and make videos on my Youtube channel (NaSiM101) which I took a break from for a while from the pandemic but I do love to brainstorm new ideas for videos and discover new trending things. I also love going out with my friends but now I am starting to go back out again since the pandemic had closed everything before but now everything is coming back to normal slowly but surely. When I'm bored I like to head on Photoshop and Illustrator and just make whatever comes in my mind.  https://pxhere.com/en/photo/1621191 Favourite Foods...

Alpha

  Alpha  This is my progress, I have updated the HUD and I added a few more features in the environment What is going good? So far so good, the game is coming along well. There are a few scripts I put in such as collecting coins, player movement, environment design, generating random levels and level boundaries.  The Technical Difficulties  But there are a few technical difficulties I am going through which is every time I try to put a rigid body component into my player when I added the jump feature into my player controller script, the player for some reason falls through the map and I tried many times trying to fix the issue but I will try my very hardest to fix it. I also need to add in collision detection with the obstacles and when the player does collide with one of the obstacles it will say game over and you have to restart again. Those are some of the difficulties I am facing, I will try and reach my lecturer or one of my peers in class to see if they know t...

Game Vision Statement

  My Game Vision Statement  https://www.projectmanager.com/blog/guide-writing-perfect-vision-statement-examples Introduction:  In last week's blog, we further researched one game idea that we really like for this semester. And the game idea that I picked will be the Endless Runner Game idea. The name for this game will be called "Forest Rushers: On the Run".  Jungle Rushers: On the Run is a 3D Endless Running game that uses the Unity 3D engine to immerse players into a world where they are in a giant jungle. The player controls an adventurer who is trying to run away as far as possible avoiding many forms of obstacles such as brick walls, tree branches and pointy wooden spikes on the ground. The key is to collect as many coins as possible before you meet a certain faith. Game Genre:  The game genre that I chose is going to be an Action-based 3D Endless Runner.  The target audience for this game is casual gamers, people who are aged 10-20 years old.  Th...