Skip to main content

Game Vision Statement

 

My Game Vision Statement 

https://www.projectmanager.com/blog/guide-writing-perfect-vision-statement-examples


Introduction: 

In last week's blog, we further researched one game idea that we really like for this semester. And the game idea that I picked will be the Endless Runner Game idea. The name for this game will be called "Forest Rushers: On the Run". 

Jungle Rushers: On the Run is a 3D Endless Running game that uses the Unity 3D engine to immerse players into a world where they are in a giant jungle. The player controls an adventurer who is trying to run away as far as possible avoiding many forms of obstacles such as brick walls, tree branches and pointy wooden spikes on the ground. The key is to collect as many coins as possible before you meet a certain faith.



Game Genre: 

The game genre that I chose is going to be an Action-based 3D Endless Runner.  The target audience for this game is casual gamers, people who are aged 10-20 years old.  The majority of people who usually play games like this are not too keen on pro gaming and just want to play casually when they are bored and have some free time in their hands.


Gameplay:

When you enter the game, you will be presented with a game screen that tells you "Start Game". And then the game will immediately begin and the player will enter a game world in a wild jungle that you have to run across. I thought to myself maybe I can add the option to give the player the option to be able to choose their own player. I was thinking I could implement different characters like a wild explorer,  A man or a woman character, A businessman and sort of animals etc. But I figured that will take too long and I will just stick with just one character which will be a wild explorer running through the jungle. The way how the player can control the character in the game is by pressing the Space Bar to jump across those wooden spikes on the ground, using the left and arrow keys to move left and right across those tree trunks in the way and pressing the down key to be able to slide across those brick walls in which you will come across. And whenever the player hits one of the obstacles a big "Game Over" sign will appear and will give you the option of being able to play again or not so then you can go back in and try to beat your previous score. The player will be surrounded by loads of huge trees, grass and rocks so, therefore, the overall aesthetic and colours of the game will be filled with loads of green and browns on the trees and brick walls. There will also be a HUD (Heads-up Display). This feature will have information such as how many coins you collected, how much time has elapsed and what is your best score on the top left and right of the player's screen. There is a thing I learnt in Unity Tutorials and it goes about the background repeating constantly and this is a feature I will definitely add in this game because it is just a forest there is nothing too special and this is what the game is all about. I am going to try to find some Royalty-free copyright-free jungle-themed music to add as a background song while the game is being played so that the player can feel really immersed in the atmosphere of the game. 



The Resources Required:

The different types of resources that I am going to be using in order to make this game is Unity, Visual Studios and Blogger. I am now currently learning how to use Unity and Visual Studios. My lecturer is giving us tasks to do every week that relates to Unity and Visual Studios. These tasks consist of video tutorials that we follow along with making certain games learning different types of features animations, gameplay mechanics etc. And we also have blogs that we have to write up every week. We use blogger to write up what we learnt in Unity and Visual Studios for that week and also some things that we enjoyed and things that we found are some difficult or really difficult.



Images I found as Inspiration:


The brick wall will be like this but there will be a lot more even than this one.

This is sort of the environment I was going for with bright green colours with a blue sky and nice rocks and tree trunks on the ground.






Comments

  1. Hello, Nasim I think your game idea is very good I like that your game setting will be in the jungle. I also like the ideas of your aesthetic for the game I think it would make the game enjoyable to play. If you’re not sure on adding different characters maybe you can have a character that is customizable? Overall, I think your game is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nasim, I really like your game Idea. The jungle theme is good and will add a lot of atmosphere, I also like the idea of a HUD to keep track of time passed and high scores. I like the idea of different characters but I can understand how that could be very difficult. Is the game going to be all level ground or will there be ups and downs through the jungle? Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Success

  Introduction to myself :)  This is me Nasim Slavotic :) Hello! My name is Nasim Slavotic, I am 20 years old and I am now a 2nd-year student in TUDublin Blanchardstown doing Creative Digital Media. I am from Dublin and I work part-time in my dad's butcher shop here in Blanchardstown in Coolmine near the post office.  What are my hobbies?  In my free time, I like to go to the gym. Also, I like to go out and take pictures with my camera and make videos on my Youtube channel (NaSiM101) which I took a break from for a while from the pandemic but I do love to brainstorm new ideas for videos and discover new trending things. I also love going out with my friends but now I am starting to go back out again since the pandemic had closed everything before but now everything is coming back to normal slowly but surely. When I'm bored I like to head on Photoshop and Illustrator and just make whatever comes in my mind.  https://pxhere.com/en/photo/1621191 Favourite Foods  I am a foodie at h

Alpha

  Alpha  This is my progress, I have updated the HUD and I added a few more features in the environment What is going good? So far so good, the game is coming along well. There are a few scripts I put in such as collecting coins, player movement, environment design, generating random levels and level boundaries.  The Technical Difficulties  But there are a few technical difficulties I am going through which is every time I try to put a rigid body component into my player when I added the jump feature into my player controller script, the player for some reason falls through the map and I tried many times trying to fix the issue but I will try my very hardest to fix it. I also need to add in collision detection with the obstacles and when the player does collide with one of the obstacles it will say game over and you have to restart again. Those are some of the difficulties I am facing, I will try and reach my lecturer or one of my peers in class to see if they know the issue behind thi

My First Playable

  First Playable My First Playable game so far At this point right now in the process of making my game, I have now implemented the environment, the 3d character, the HUD interface of the gold coins, the player being able to run forward across the map and move left and right avoiding the obstacles pressing the left and right keys or the A and D keys. I also implemented the trigger where when you run across the coins you are able to collect the coins and the number of coins you collect will appear on the top left of the screen. I adjusted the main camera angle to be a third-person view of the entire game so it gives a good perspective of the coins and the obstacles. I then added plants to give it a better aesthetic and look to the game. The thing I wanted to change from my original vision was that I wanted to make the game way more suited to the theme of the game itself. So instead of wooden spikes, I added logs and instead of tree trunks I added regular trees and then I also added rock