Skip to main content

Time Strategies

 Time Strategies


Time management in its simplest terms means, it is the process of planning and exercising conscious control of time spent on specific tasks,  especially to increase effectiveness, efficiency and productivity. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_management
https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/careers/soft-skills/time-management-list-tips/

In my own opinion and doing my research, I have found some articles which I found quite interesting and quite inciteful. 


One of the first articles I read was the one I found on the blog page on Trello. 


Trello Article : 

https://blog.trello.com/the-psychology-of-checklists-why-setting-small-goals-motivates-us-to-accomplish-bigger-things?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=linkedin&utm_campaign=checklists


And in this article, they were explaining how you can use checklists, SMART Goals and using small bite-sized tasks to complete bigger projects. This article was quite useful and these methods were actually the ones I used whenever I tried to plan and schedule videos or photoshoots. I used this formula and broke down tasks into little chunks and tiny checklists so that every time I completed a small task I felt even more motivated to do the other tasks later. This kept me having a good sense of workflow in my tasks and I tend to complete them even faster and more efficiently. 


My Biggest Time Management Challenges 

The challenges I occurred last semester when it came to Time Management was having no structure or strict schedule when it came to certain tasks. I also suffered a lot from procrastination which led to me being more unmotivated to do even the easy tasks mine for college. Another thing that I did was that I spent too much time-consuming content instead of producing content. I can have all the knowledge in the world on how to build an app but if I don't start making the code, designing the template, brainstorming or making the different functions of the app then all that knowledge is useless. 


Time Management Strategy 
This is a Time Management Strategy that I had been using since my 6th year in secondary school and this is all with an app called Habitica. If you are somewhat of a gamer like me and trying to improve the work flow of your tasks, this app is perfect for you.




This app is kind of like taking all your tasks you have and you are gamifying so you are levelling up yourself in real life. People level up in video games all the time like Call of Duty, FIFA and Fortnite. So why can't we all do it in real life? 

This app is a great example from the article I read about gamifying your tasks and it goes into great detail about how to make your tasks more fun and more rewarding. You can also make your own rewards and you can customise your avatar. It also has a point system. You can give yourself points for any positive task you do and you can deduct yourself points for any negative tasks you do. So you are basically punishing yourself for your bad actions.


This is an example of my Habitica avatar character and its layout. You can customise your habits, daily activities, to-do lists and rewards for you at the end. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Success

  Introduction to myself :)  This is me Nasim Slavotic :) Hello! My name is Nasim Slavotic, I am 20 years old and I am now a 2nd-year student in TUDublin Blanchardstown doing Creative Digital Media. I am from Dublin and I work part-time in my dad's butcher shop here in Blanchardstown in Coolmine near the post office.  What are my hobbies?  In my free time, I like to go to the gym. Also, I like to go out and take pictures with my camera and make videos on my Youtube channel (NaSiM101) which I took a break from for a while from the pandemic but I do love to brainstorm new ideas for videos and discover new trending things. I also love going out with my friends but now I am starting to go back out again since the pandemic had closed everything before but now everything is coming back to normal slowly but surely. When I'm bored I like to head on Photoshop and Illustrator and just make whatever comes in my mind.  https://pxhere.com/en/photo/1621191 Favourite Foods  I am a foodie at h

Alpha

  Alpha  This is my progress, I have updated the HUD and I added a few more features in the environment What is going good? So far so good, the game is coming along well. There are a few scripts I put in such as collecting coins, player movement, environment design, generating random levels and level boundaries.  The Technical Difficulties  But there are a few technical difficulties I am going through which is every time I try to put a rigid body component into my player when I added the jump feature into my player controller script, the player for some reason falls through the map and I tried many times trying to fix the issue but I will try my very hardest to fix it. I also need to add in collision detection with the obstacles and when the player does collide with one of the obstacles it will say game over and you have to restart again. Those are some of the difficulties I am facing, I will try and reach my lecturer or one of my peers in class to see if they know the issue behind thi

My First Playable

  First Playable My First Playable game so far At this point right now in the process of making my game, I have now implemented the environment, the 3d character, the HUD interface of the gold coins, the player being able to run forward across the map and move left and right avoiding the obstacles pressing the left and right keys or the A and D keys. I also implemented the trigger where when you run across the coins you are able to collect the coins and the number of coins you collect will appear on the top left of the screen. I adjusted the main camera angle to be a third-person view of the entire game so it gives a good perspective of the coins and the obstacles. I then added plants to give it a better aesthetic and look to the game. The thing I wanted to change from my original vision was that I wanted to make the game way more suited to the theme of the game itself. So instead of wooden spikes, I added logs and instead of tree trunks I added regular trees and then I also added rock