Skip to main content

My Thoughts on Feedback Thoughts

 Feedback Thoughts 




Feedback is something that somebody needs in order to gather information for improvement on a task, assignment, idea or product that someone has. At some point, all of us need feedback in order to take whatever that we are doing or creating and take it to the next level. We need to be able to get our audience's opinion or advice to see if the thing we are doing or creating is actually good or bad and we can get their ideas and see how we can go about improving it. Sometimes when people give out an opinion or try to criticise one of your ideas, it can come off harsh or it can come off positively. There are two different types of main feedback that people can give you,

  •  One of them is constructive criticism which people give you a respectable and truthful opinion providing feedback, followed up with specific examples offered in a friendly manner and with good intentions to improve your idea.

  • Or there is someone that just doesn't agree with the idea and just harshly criticises it and doesn't have any good intentions of improving your idea and thinks that it will not work without taking anything into consideration.

There are two great articles I read and it shows good feedback is and how people can use it to improve on themselves and to not be doubtful. 


Seven ways to crush Self Doubt

Self Doubt is the most self-destructive thing you can do to stop yourself from reaching your full potential and people tell themselves always that they can't do something but that is only their mindset, it is a negative mindset to have you need to always believe in yourself and tell yourself positive affirmations in front of a mirror over and over and it will stick in your head and that way you will actually be more motivated to do the work intended that you seem might be hard. 

Evidence suggests from the article I read, that one of the first things in order to crush Self Doubt is , 

  1. Abandoning Perfectionism 
You have to be able to get rid of the mindset of being perfect or having everything correct. Not everything will go to plan and you can only do certain amount of work at a time before you experience burnout stress which is something you never want. Perfectionsim leads to burnout, which will then lead to stress and anxiety which will effect your workflow. And it also takes up a lot more time than usual.    

      2. Don't Compare yourself with others 

There is going to come a point in your life where you will have different colleagues or competitors that you think are doing better than you, but that shouldn't disrupt your own projects or your own things that you are doing. The only competition that we are competing against is ourselves and we have the power to improve ourselves and make ourselves better and no one else. 

From what I read from this article, evidence suggests that when we start self doubting ourselves and we start comparing ourselves with other people we see it as a competition instead of a community effort and you get jealous about other peoples work and you see them getting opportunities you want instead of you. But when you let all that jealousy go and start looking at it as a community instead of a competition you start to see everything in a different perspective. You start to take more chances,  reach out to people and doing something you love simply because you love doing it. 

You can read more about the 5 other ways in the link below.


Why Rejection hurts so much and what to do about it?


Evidence suggests from this article I read, 

Rejection is the most common emotional wound we sustain in daily life. The ways how we can be rejected can go as follows, 

  • Being excluded from a social circle 
  • Getting rejected for a job position 
  • Getting rejected from an interview 
  • Someone abandoning plans the last minute




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Playable

  First Playable My First Playable game so far At this point right now in the process of making my game, I have now implemented the environment, the 3d character, the HUD interface of the gold coins, the player being able to run forward across the map and move left and right avoiding the obstacles pressing the left and right keys or the A and D keys. I also implemented the trigger where when you run across the coins you are able to collect the coins and the number of coins you collect will appear on the top left of the screen. I adjusted the main camera angle to be a third-person view of the entire game so it gives a good perspective of the coins and the obstacles. I then added plants to give it a better aesthetic and look to the game. The thing I wanted to change from my original vision was that I wanted to make the game way more suited to the theme of the game itself. So instead of wooden spikes, I added logs and instead of tree trunks I added regular trees and then I also added rock

Introduction to a Future Success

  Introduction to myself :)  This is me Nasim Slavotic :) Hello! My name is Nasim Slavotic, I am 20 years old and I am now a 2nd-year student in TUDublin Blanchardstown doing Creative Digital Media. I am from Dublin and I work part-time in my dad's butcher shop here in Blanchardstown in Coolmine near the post office.  What are my hobbies?  In my free time, I like to go to the gym. Also, I like to go out and take pictures with my camera and make videos on my Youtube channel (NaSiM101) which I took a break from for a while from the pandemic but I do love to brainstorm new ideas for videos and discover new trending things. I also love going out with my friends but now I am starting to go back out again since the pandemic had closed everything before but now everything is coming back to normal slowly but surely. When I'm bored I like to head on Photoshop and Illustrator and just make whatever comes in my mind.  https://pxhere.com/en/photo/1621191 Favourite Foods  I am a foodie at h

Alpha

  Alpha  This is my progress, I have updated the HUD and I added a few more features in the environment What is going good? So far so good, the game is coming along well. There are a few scripts I put in such as collecting coins, player movement, environment design, generating random levels and level boundaries.  The Technical Difficulties  But there are a few technical difficulties I am going through which is every time I try to put a rigid body component into my player when I added the jump feature into my player controller script, the player for some reason falls through the map and I tried many times trying to fix the issue but I will try my very hardest to fix it. I also need to add in collision detection with the obstacles and when the player does collide with one of the obstacles it will say game over and you have to restart again. Those are some of the difficulties I am facing, I will try and reach my lecturer or one of my peers in class to see if they know the issue behind thi