Skip to main content

Reading 04

 


Analysis


For this week's reading tasks I had to collect more research resources for my topic about multiplayer evolution. And this time was actually a bit easier than the last reading task I did because I implemented more keywords into my searches, sentences and questions in my searches to get more detailed results and it worked out well. I found 5 journal articles and 1 video I read and watched. It was a bit challenging at first reading through the whole article. But I did take it one at a time, I first looked at the abstract to see if the article had any sort of relevancy to my topic. If it did, I would proceed to read the introduction and highlight any key terms, studies and results from any type of research. I spent about 20-40 minutes reading and skimming through each journal article. 


To secure the research I have collected, I also added the documents to my RefWorks account. This also helped me to check the documents I have read and create a bibliography quicker.


These are the journal articles that I was reading : 


Multiplayer Serious Games

The Dark Tetrad traits and problematic online gaming: The mediating role of online gaming motives and moderating role of game types

Good Violence, Bad Violence: the Ethics of Competition in Multiplayer Games

VIDEO GAME CURRENCY: CLEVER OR CORRUPTING?

The Evolution of eSports: 

A history of multiplayer in gaming



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Success

  Introduction to myself :)  This is me Nasim Slavotic :) Hello! My name is Nasim Slavotic, I am 20 years old and I am now a 2nd-year student in TUDublin Blanchardstown doing Creative Digital Media. I am from Dublin and I work part-time in my dad's butcher shop here in Blanchardstown in Coolmine near the post office.  What are my hobbies?  In my free time, I like to go to the gym. Also, I like to go out and take pictures with my camera and make videos on my Youtube channel (NaSiM101) which I took a break from for a while from the pandemic but I do love to brainstorm new ideas for videos and discover new trending things. I also love going out with my friends but now I am starting to go back out again since the pandemic had closed everything before but now everything is coming back to normal slowly but surely. When I'm bored I like to head on Photoshop and Illustrator and just make whatever comes in my mind.  https://pxhere.com/en/photo/1621191 Favourite Foods...

Alpha

  Alpha  This is my progress, I have updated the HUD and I added a few more features in the environment What is going good? So far so good, the game is coming along well. There are a few scripts I put in such as collecting coins, player movement, environment design, generating random levels and level boundaries.  The Technical Difficulties  But there are a few technical difficulties I am going through which is every time I try to put a rigid body component into my player when I added the jump feature into my player controller script, the player for some reason falls through the map and I tried many times trying to fix the issue but I will try my very hardest to fix it. I also need to add in collision detection with the obstacles and when the player does collide with one of the obstacles it will say game over and you have to restart again. Those are some of the difficulties I am facing, I will try and reach my lecturer or one of my peers in class to see if they know t...

Game Vision Statement

  My Game Vision Statement  https://www.projectmanager.com/blog/guide-writing-perfect-vision-statement-examples Introduction:  In last week's blog, we further researched one game idea that we really like for this semester. And the game idea that I picked will be the Endless Runner Game idea. The name for this game will be called "Forest Rushers: On the Run".  Jungle Rushers: On the Run is a 3D Endless Running game that uses the Unity 3D engine to immerse players into a world where they are in a giant jungle. The player controls an adventurer who is trying to run away as far as possible avoiding many forms of obstacles such as brick walls, tree branches and pointy wooden spikes on the ground. The key is to collect as many coins as possible before you meet a certain faith. Game Genre:  The game genre that I chose is going to be an Action-based 3D Endless Runner.  The target audience for this game is casual gamers, people who are aged 10-20 years old.  Th...